Saturday, January 9, 2010

Carolina

Country singer, Eric Church, released his second album titled Carolina almost a year ago. I kept meaning to give it a listen. After all, I remember seeing him in the hallways at high school. I'm pretty sure my little sister had a crush on him during those days. I also remember him singing at the Festival on the Square in Granite Falls while I walked around with T.

Well, I finally checked it out of the library and listened to it. I like it. Enough to buy it. T, who poked fun at Eric Church's singing at that little festival, also likes the album. He says, "He couldn't sing those old Garth Brooks songs but he does pretty good with his own stuff. There are a bunch of good songs on here." T usually says something is 'alright' so for him to use 'pretty good' is indeed a compliment. Even more telling than his words is the fact he took the CD with him when he left to run errands today so he could listen to it in the car.

1 comment:

Colin Galbraith said...

Just checking in - hope you're doing grand :-)