Sunday, February 21, 2010

Vacation Chatter

Earlier this week, reservations were made for our families first ever overnight vacation. T and The Princess Trio have never seen the ocean and I, myself, haven't been to the beach in over a decade. We typically take day trips to hike in the mountains so this vacation will be a big change for us. A week long vacation requires a lot more planning than a day trip.

As the planner & researcher of the family, I had devoted some time to finding us a place to stay. I knew I wanted access to a stove and refrigerator so we wouldn't have to eat out all the time. I finally settled on a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo across the street from the ocean in Garden City, South Carolina for around $600. Checkout maid service and linens are included. With the condo, we'll have a full kitchen, a pool and a short walk to the beach. I've heard the beaches in Garden City are less crowded than Myrtle Beach; I hope that's true. We'll be a short drive from Myrtle Beach so we can still visit some of the attractions there.

The attractions the girls are most excited about are actually located closer to Garden City in Murrells Inlet. They want to visit Brookgreen Gardens and spend a day at Huntington Beach State Park where we'll tour Atalaya. A dolphin cruise is a possibility, too.

No comments: