Monday, December 6, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Nothing wakes me up like walking a mile on a cold morning. As I type this, the girls are sharing a seat on the elementary school bus and the sun is peeking through the trees. Normally, they get a ride to the bus stop and wait inside the car until the bus comes. This morning, that wasn't an option so we all bundled up and I walked them to the bus stop at the end of our road with a flashlight. The flashlight is a comfort object for the youngest who thinks the dark woods are creepy. Our road snakes through the woods for a bit and we started our little journey before 7. The walk home was all uphill. Seriously, one of the hills would be awesome for sledding if it wasn't right in front of Mr. Grumpy's house. It's one of those 'get off and push the bicycle' hills according to my husband. Me? I do good to get myself up the hill; I can't imagine pushing a bicycle up even in warm weather. It's certainly not warm today. The weatherman says it's 23 degrees right now with a predicted high of 40 today. The predicted overnight low for tonight is 19.

Now that I'm awake and starting to warm up, I may as well tackle my long to-do list. First up is laundry. As soon as the washing machine finishes, I'll be making another foray into the cold to hang out the girls' clothes. My hands get cold just thinking about it. Maybe I should actually start shopping for a new dryer since mine hasn't worked in months. It's funny how I only miss it now that it's freezing outside.

No comments: